We produce all of our products to customer specification and requirements
Technical advice at the design stage is offered in an effort to ensure the customers requirements are produced at the most competitive price possible.
1. Cut and prepared leads
- Simple cut and stripped lead, Single core, Multicore, PVC, Silicone, Rubber, PTFE,
- Cut, strip and terminated lead. Terminals from JST, TYCO, Molex, Grote & Hartmann, Fujitsu, Deutsch, Hirose
- Cut, strip, terminated and tinned lead. Tinned leads from fully automated process
2. Cable Harness / Wiring Loom
- Secured using cable ties fitted with automatic cable tie machines.
- Fitted through, PVC tubes, convolute tube, silicone tube, silicone glass impregnated tube, spiral wrap.
- Assembled using jig boards made by in-house tool shop.
3. Special Applications
- Sub-Contract Assembly / Added value work. Ranges from basic soldering to micro switches up to full product assembly and test
- Re-work of Mains cords. A lot of Customers who purchase volume cord sets from the far east choose to have a standard cord set reworked to their specification.
4. Cable Harness / Wiring Loom
- Birford's technical solutions department can design, specify purchase and assemble any combination of cable and Harnesses to exacting customer standards, this can include chassis forming, purchasing bulk products or working with free issue cable sets.
Birford Cable & Harness are Quality Assured
Birford work closely with Customers in a number of industries Mobility, Heating and fires, Cooking, LED Lighting, Point of Sale Cabinets, Electronic Lockers, PCB manufacturers, Traffic signs. In order to supply to these industries we have to be ISO approved. In November 2016 we were proud to be accredited with the new ISO9001-2015 standard. This will allow us to continue to supply cables, wiring harnesses and bulk microswitches into these and other leading market sectors.